First and foremost, happy 21st birthday to Kelly! Woohoo!
Now on to this weeks blog post…
“Trust dreams. Trust your heart, and trust your story.” – Neil Gaiman
Our trip this summer will meant to be a part of my story, and there are a few things in particular that I want to help shape it. Things I know in my heart I need to do. Things that I have dreamed of doing. Most, are nothing too extravagant. I try to embrace life, and partake in as much as I can, whether it’s something I want to experience or not. But but sometimes there are things you just HAVE to do in life, no matter how big or small.
So, here is my “bucket list” for our trip this summer, a few “must do’s” for our trip…
- See Giant’s Causeway. This was something I learned about during my first year of undergrad in my chemistry class. I can’t remember why we talked about it, but I always remembered thinking it was pretty awesome. So I’m forcing Kelly to go here, although it’s not taking much work to get her to go!
- Take a picture walking through platform 9 3/4. Yep, I’m a Harry Potter fan (as is Kelly). Why I didn’t do this the last time I was in London, I’m not sure. But it’s definitely happening on this trip!
- Spend as much time as I want at the d’Orsay Museum. The last time I was in Paris I was rushing around everywhere trying to see as much as I could. We went to the d’Orsay Museum and I absolutely loved it, but we had to leave before I was done visiting the museum. I’m really excited to go back there and see the museum without the pressure of needing to go see something else!
- Couch surf! A while ago, I signed up for the couchsurfing website and created a profile. I’ve met a few people back in Boulder who were couch surfing, but haven’t really fully participated yet. Since I’ve already met some pretty cool people from it, I’m super excited to give it a try myself! My friend Courtney had a great time couchsurfing in Costa Rica, and I want to have the same great experiences she did. Right now it looks like we’ll have someone to stay with in Paris (yay!) but I hope we can find at least one more person to surf with.
- Find that place I had really good fish and chips the last time I was in London. This may be hard to do, but I’m determined to find it. It was the best fish and chips I ever had in my life! It was also the most expensive…
- Get Kelly to do something she normally wouldn’t do. I’m not 100% sure what this will be yet, but I’m sure I’ll know when the time comes. Dont worry! It won’t be anything too insane.
- Get a tattoo. Kelly and I have been talking for a while now about getting tattoos together. I think we should do it at the end of our trip. Seems to me like the perfect time to do it. Maybe I can kill two birds with one stone with this one. Something Kelly wouldn’t normally do and a tattoo all in one…
- Be free and spontaneous. I like things to be fairly planned. I like to stay in control and have a general idea of what’s happening the next day. It’s time to step outside the bounds a little bit! Again, nothing too insane, but I’m going to try to just go with the flow and see where life takes me!
- Make a new friend. More than one would be great, but I’d really like to meet someone who I truly like and actually keep in touch with after we head home. It’s a great reason to meet new people, and I really like meeting new people.
- Write at least one blog post per week. This is actually pretty difficult to keep up with when you’re traveling and out having fun all the time! When I studied abroad for a semester in Australia I think I wrote maybe two blog posts before I gave up on it. That is NOT happening this time! I’m determined! I’m really going to keep up with it!
So those are just a few of the few things I’d really, REALLY like to do on our trip this summer. What’s on your summer bucket list?